Sunday, July 26, 2009
Thankful
Today was one of those days when I just loved being Maggie's mom. Of course I always am thrilled to be a mom but today was different. She had spent the night at her grandparents and when I went to pick her up I realized that she was not a baby anymore. She is a precious little girl. She lights up my life everyday with her smiles and laughter. Her innocence to the world around her and her excitement for every new experience makes me realize how much I take for granted on a regular basis. God calls us to live with a childlike faith. To get excited to wake up in the morning and eat a bowl of oatmeal and laugh when it gets on your finger. To giggle when a puppy gives you kisses. To sqeal in delight as you are being chased by someone who loves you. And that is how we should feel knowing that our precious Lord is chasing after us.He longs to see us smile. To enjoy the simple things and not let everyday tasks such as cleaning, laundry and to do lists bring us down. I challenge everyone to take a moment and be thankful for the simple things in life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I needed to read this today Amy! We do get bogged down with the mundane everyday "stuff" and we forget to take fresh glances at what we have. Hmmm...our babies are growing up so fast, and I guess that means in some ways we are too. This being said, I am about to go fold some laundry, which I have been putting off for about 2 hours, and somehow now I am not going to mind this chore so much. Thanks!
Post a Comment