Thursday, May 20, 2010

Whew! What a crazy couple of months!

The title of this post says it all. Simply put, we have had a crazy couple of months! Where do even begin? We did finally get to move into our new house which I am so in love with. I still drive in the driveway and as myself "Is this really my house?" Then I say a quiet prayer to God for His faithfulnnes in allowing this house to possible for us. Maggie loves her new "pink" house too. Since her room is pink, I guess she thinks that her house is pink too. We have a fabulous back driveway/yard that we spend most of our time in playing with sidewalk chalk, swinging, playing with sticks and dirt and picking up rocks. The inside is just as great and we are loving the fact that we are getting back into normal life and able to have friends over to enjoy it with us. If you are asking why we are getting back to normal life you can read all about it on my brother's blog (The Whitmire Family) Now that we have everyone back in the Falls all is great! Lisa is just the best mommy to Henry and Charlotte and the doctors are saying that she will make a full recovery! Adam is juggling new daddyhood and working and no sleep so very well! Looking back on the journey I have been on with them seriously brings tears to my eyes. It has allowed me to lean into my sweet Jesus more than I ever have. I always have thought how selfish it is of me to call out to Jesus in times of crisis 24 hours a day and then in really good times just go on my merry way and kinda forget to be thankful. Due to all of the times of tears of joy and sadness over the last 2 months I am in constant prayer throughout the day. It has made me sing His praises for the little things like Maggie's joyous laugh as well as to call to Him when I hear something terrible has happened. I came across of quote that has dug into my heart lately. "He is Who He was before today" Basically He is the same God in the good times and bad times. It has been so refreshing to allow these words to sink in. I have seen a side of Jesus that I never have before and I am truly thankful for that.
Here is a lot of pictures of the missy (and us) for you to enjoy!

Pretty blue eyed girl

Watering the flowers

Easter 2010

Helping "Handy Daddy"

Fun trip to the zoo with the Clark girls


Hospice Golf Tournament

2 comments:

The Penuels said...

Love the new pics! What a precious post :) Pics of the new house please??

mom said...

amy,
as always your comments move me. You have such a way with words. I am so proud of you..what a wonderful daughter,sister, wife, mother,daughter-in-law,sister-in-law you are! You are an inspiration to me daily...love you, Danny, and that Maggie girl too...