I just finished making Maggie's baby food. Yes, that is right I am making it. Some poeple look at me like I am crazy when I tell them this and some have called me a "granola" mom. I am the farthest thing from "granola". I have some good reasons for doing this.1)It saves money.
2)It is good for Maggie and I know exactly what she is eating.
3)It is EASY.
So those of you who want to try it here is what I do. Buy a bag of frozen veggies/fruit, canned or fresh. Cook them either in the microwave or boil them. Put them in a blender and puree it. Pour into ice cube trays and freeze. Each cube equals one ounce. When it is time to eat, I get a couple out, microwave it and pour into a bowl. See, easy!
4 comments:
i agree...its not hard at all....especially using the ice cube tray..makes lots at once....
Amy,
I am making Kate's food too. I did not with the boys, but am now asking myself why not....it is soooo easy and I love that they are only getting fresh pure foods. I just discovered Target here carries a line of cereals and other organic foods..HappyBaby/HappyBellies...check it out...they are great. Joy to you!
I did the same thing! It is much cheaper and it tastes so much better.
Amy, you are a genius! I've heard several other moms that make their own baby food this way, and I wanted to let you know that I applaud ya! A great idea and saves money too! Hope you all are well! Tell Danny hi and kiss Maggie for me - I still need to meet her!
Post a Comment