Today is a GREAT day in the Ketner house. When Maggie was born, she was diagnosed with hip dysplacia which means that her left hip was loose in the socket and if it was not treated she would have hip surgeries later and other issues. So for the first three months of her life, she had to wear a harness which kept her hips in a certain place so that it would correct itself. We have been going to a pediatric orthopedist for the last year. We went to our appointment today and heard what we have been waiting on..."that her hips look great and that I do not think she will have any problems in the furture" (quoted from Dr. Brown). Danny and I are so thankful for Dr. Sultemier for catching this when she was born and to the Lord for healing our little girl. After a long day in the car, Maggie celebrated by eating her first popsicle!
In her harness at a month old...not a great picture of her but there a few of her in it.
Loving the popsicle!
4 comments:
I happen to know exactly what you are talking about. I was diagnosed with the same thing when I was born. I had to wear the same harness for the first 6 months of my life. You can only imagine what the first thing I said was when I had Savannah..."PLEASE CHECK HER HIPS!!!" I am so happy for Maggie. I am a walking testimony that if you catch it early on, you can lead a completely normal life!
That is so great! I know you are so relieved!
yea! maggie is going to be running all over the place soon and very soon!
What great news from the doctor...and a perfect reason to celebrate with a yummy popsicle! ... She is so precious, Amy!
Post a Comment